FAQs - Strawberry Picking
Frequently Asked Questions for Reesor’s Pick Your Own Strawberries
- Can I change my picking reservation time? We are at the end of the season and only have limited spaces to move people to. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to find another reservation time but make no promise that an alternative date will be available.
- Can I get a refund if I change my mind and do not want to pick? Once you buy your picking reservation online, that space is no longer available for other pickers. We will do our best to find you another open picking time but do not give refunds. We are at the end of the picking season so we may not be able to find an alternative date and time for you.
- What happens if it rains? Our fields are open rain or shine. We will temporarily close if there is a thunderstorm or heavy rain. For those pickers who are already at the farm we will extend the picking time if you wish to wait in your car until the storm passes or we can refund your payment. If you have not yet arrived and there is heavy rain and thunderstorm, we will do our best to reschedule you or we can give you a refund. Weather forecasts can be unpredictable so we only refund if a thunderstorm and/or heavy rain actually happens during your picking time and not just if there is a forecast of rain with thunderstorms.
- Can I bring a group to pick? Family groups may purchase spaces together on one order. We can not accommodate large groups.
- Can I share one basket with several family members? In order to control the number of persons in our fields at any one time, only people who have pre-paid reservations will be permitted to pick. The reservation is by number of people and not by number of baskets.
- Can I bring my pet? Please do not bring your pets. No pets are allowed in the fields or other parts of our farm. It is usually too hot to leave a pet safely in your car.
- Can I bring family members along who are not picking? This is not recommended. There are no walking areas or picnic areas on the farm that are open to the public. Only persons with paid admission will be allowed in the fields. Anyone else would have to remain in the car.
- Can I have a picnic on your farm after picking? We do not have any picnic options for public use. To ensure that we do not have crowds on the farm, all pickers will need to leave the farm once they have filled their baskets with strawberries.
- Is there anything else I can pick or buy at the farm? The exit from the strawberry fields goes past our Farm Market. There is a variety of Ontario fruits and vegetables for sell including our own ready picked strawberries and baking. The next pick your own option is in the fall for pumpkins.
- Can I pick a large volume of berries, more than the 3 litre basket that comes with the picking reservation? Let the staff know when you are checking in for your basket and they can sell you additional baskets. Once you are in the field, an additional 3 liter basket is $12.25 (includes the berries you pick) and a six litre is $24.50 (includes the berries you pick)
- Can I bring my own containers as I have done in other years? Due to COVID-19 and to reduce contact with our staff, all berries are being sold by volume and not weight. Only our standard sized new basket will be used in the fields.
- Do you have special picking arrangements for seniors (65+) or those with health challenges? Yes, you may come directly to the field without an online reservation Monday-Thursday 7am to 8 am. You will need to leave the field by 8:30am. You may be accompanied by one non-senior.
- I am a senior but do not want to pick Monday –Thursday 7am -8:am. Can I come at another time? Yes, you may, but you will need to go online to book a Reserved Picking Time.
- Do you have washrooms? Due to COVID-19 , there is an emergency use only port-a-potty.
- Can I pick on Sunday? Sunday is the staff and berry fields’ day of rest. We welcome you to the farm on Monday-Saturday during picking season.